EKU AT Students Present at CHS Scholar's Day
For the last four years, EKU's College of Health Sciences has hosted an Annual Scholar's Day. During this event, students from all of the college's departments gather to present research that was conducted throughout the last school year. This year the keynote address focused on Kentucky's opioid epidemic and was presented by a panel of professionals including a CDC Public Health Advisor, a medical coroner and an individual that that had suffered an active addiction and graduated from a recovery program. Special thanks to the panelists and moderator who provoked some good thought and active discussion.
Following the event, 139 posters were presented on various research projects occurring across the college. Fourteen students connected to the program (2 graduates of the program and 12 undergrads) presented posters. These posters represented several case studies and reviews of topics and consisted of the following:
- Mason J. Catastrophizing and Pain Management.
- Franklin S. The Female Athlete Triad.
- Eldridge T, Craigmyle T. Ulnar Nerve Pathology Following Fracture Reduction Via Volar Henry Approach: A Case Study.
- Preece J, Evans T, Buehler A. Chronic Posterolateral Rotary Instability.
- Lindsey A, Marcum J, Wright C. Olecranon Process Fracture in High School Football Player.
- Wyatt M, Koenig L, Darst R, Smiley J. Bankart Lesion in a Collegiate Female Volleyball D1 Athlete.
- Barnett K. Athletic Training and the Environment
Special thanks to all of the students for their work, effort and willingness to go above and beyond.
Matthew J Sabin
Published on April 24, 2018